Lys: Fretful

|
Aithne sniffed an odd sort of half-laugh. "Well, in case you hadn't noticed, I am a girl. And Latin isn't my native language. It may be a logical one, but it's not a comfortable one." Pushing errant hair out of her face, she added, "It's all angles and points. That anyone can make songs from it is nothing less than miraculous."

She rubbed her forehead. "I'm sorry. I just- it was such a good morning, and then Mordred appeared, and Calidus arrived, and I've nearly had a fit twice today, and I don't even know how to find my way around or what, exactly, is expected of me, and-" She looked at the Guttersnipe with an expression of desperate confusion. "Is it always like this around here?"

3 comments:

Jenny Freitag said...

What Aithne wouldn't give for a TARDIS at the moment... Or a trip to Narnia. Something out of time and space to give her a breather and a chance to process.

~Lys

Jenny Freitag said...

Poor girl.

Guttersnipe: "Hey! I'm one of those crazy people around whom awesome and equally crazy people do their shindigs. Enter my life at your own risk."

~Jenny

Jenny Freitag said...

Aithne: "I didn't enter! I got pushed in! HALP!"

~Lys

Post a Comment