Lys- No Wulf

|
Editorial remark: Wulf has decided he does not want to enter the kitchen, as it means having to talk. Neither Jenny nor I anticipated just how much he'd hate the idea, so this is my attempt at resolving it. I hope Jenny forgives me for power-playing the Guttersnipe instead of Wulf...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aithne waited.

And waited.

And waited some more. Most of the other slaves had already gone, the fire was banked for the night, and still Wulf's food sat on the hearth, staying warm. She'd sat down by it, resting her back against the wall and keeping herself warm. When he said after the sun goes down, he meant it!

She was half-dozing when she heard a noise in the hall. Quickly, she jumped up, filled a cup with wine, and stood ready.

"Domitia?"

Her heart sank. It was not Wulf's voice. Had she been paying more attention, she would've realized the step was too light, too. "Guttersnipe? Where is Wulf?"

The Guttersnipe put Master Lucius's plate down on the table. Aithne noted with a smile that it was cleaned of food. But it was fleeting. She looked at the other girl, awaiting an answer.

"I tried, Domitia. He wouldn't go. I don't know why. He's like that sometimes. He'll disappear and can't be found unless he wants to be found. But he's always back when he's needed. Somehow he knows." Memories of this morning's rescue came to mind. "I tried."

Aithne sighed. She couldn't hide her disappointment, but at the same time, she wasn't overly upset about it. She picked the food up off the hearth- it had not dried out, she noticed- and set it on the table.

"Well then." she said. "Hungry?"

5 comments:

Jenny Freitag said...

Just in case you didn't get the PM, the forum is going down for a bit. So you know and don't panic.

~Jenny

Jenny Freitag said...

Hee hee. I know. See my blog for explanation of laughter.

~Lys

Jenny Freitag said...

I would do that, if I had the link to your blog.

~Jenny

Jenny Freitag said...

http://lys_aranel.livejournal.com
:-)

You can probably get there through Stew's blog (mutual friends) if ever you lose the link to mine.

~Lys

Jenny Freitag said...

Heh. I don't follow Steward. Anyway, I just added you to my list on Sun Horse, Moon Horse.

~Jenny

Post a Comment