Lys: Tables Turned

|
Aithne's chin came up. "No." she said, taking the Guttersnipe's arm. "For now, we are more or less equals, and I am older. Therefore I am exercising the rights that come with my station- fleeting as it is- and ordering you to stop thinking for awhile. Do something completely unrelated to our journey. The world will not fall to pieces if you do. Wulf and Cu are watching the herd, and you know they do their work well. And Master Lucius is not so far off that we cannot see if he needs something. So. Swim, sing, dance, lie down and watch the clouds, but do something that has no purpose whatsoever, other than pleasing yourself."

She sat down in the middle of the river, letting the water flow over her shoulders. "I, personally, am going to just sit here for a bit. I can hear Master Lucius if he calls, or even if he coughs." Aithne smiled at her.

She was fairly certain the girl would choose something with the horses, but as long as it wasn't work, she didn't mind. "If you don't, I'll make you help me give Cu a bath. Your choice." she grinned.

1 comment:

Jenny Freitag said...

Hee hee. Aithne has become bossy. She's been hanging around the Guttersnipe too long. ;-)

~Lys

Post a Comment