Lys: The Consequences of Lies

|
"Those were not my clansmen." he said, somewhat tersely. Her manner had set him more on an equal footing. "As for myself, Cunorix made certain I did not know the truth of the matters at hand. Had I known he was the one who was responsible for Aithne's slavery, he would not have survived to attack your people. He would not have survived long enough to speak with Vortigern."

He motioned towards where Jason worked quietly. "Your man will tell you what happened when I learned the truth of it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a lot he'd yet to tell her. And the mention of last night reminded her of his particular hand in things...
Her eyes strayed to where Aidan had lain only a few hours past, and something tightened in her chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment