Lys: Shall We Accept Good From God, And Not Evil?

|
Cathair had a moment of confusion. "Domitia?" he asked, looking back and forth between the girls. Aithne looked up at him, her brow knit as though she herself was confused. But it soon relaxed, and she smiled. "I'll explain later." she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek before turning back to the Guttersnipe. "That sounds good, Guttersnipe. I'm sure I'm a-" she brushed at her face and was surprised to find her hand come away brownish with drying blood. "What-?"


Cathair put a reassuring hand on her back. "You bit yourself- earlier..." he said in a low tone, trying to be as unobtrusive about it as possible. You're sweet. she thought. "Oh. I see. Well, I will go with the Guttersnipe and wash up and I'll be set to rights when next you see me."


Giving him another peck on the cheek, she suddenly realized how much she didn't want to leave him. An unreasonable fear rose up- that if she left him, she would lose him... "Or..." she hesitated. "Perhaps I should stay here awhile longer..." She mentally kicked herself for not being able to find an excuse to do so.


Cathair saw right through her. As usual. He stepped away slightly, putting his hands on her shoulders. "You need to let me go, Aithne," he said in Gaelic. "I'll be here when you return. Have you forgotten that God works all things to our good? Do you think he would bring me here just to hurt you?"


She lowered her head, answering in Gaelic. "You shame me, Cathair. You are right. I'm sorry." Raising her head again, she gave him a small smile. "I'll see you soon, then."

He returned her smile. "Soon, muirnait."

And with that, she turned and followed the Guttersnipe out to the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment