Lys: Last Effort

|
It felt strange, almost presumptuous, to be looking down at the man in his chair, and so she knelt by it. It wasn't a terribly subserviant gesture, though there was submission to it, but a gesture of that sort of respect one would be just as likely to give a father.

"My lord, now that it comes to it, my situation seems trite and unimportant. And for that I am no end of sorry. But as you have bade me speak, I will do so."
She blushed with embarassment. All her skill could not find a way to make her plight sound like anything worthy of attention.

"Sir, one of the village boys has... attatched himself to me, more or less. It was nothing but an amusing annoyance yesterday, but he would not leave when I asked him to, and when I took Cu out in the middle of the night, he was on my doorstep. When I confronted him and told him to leave, he said something about hounds lying across doorways and... it sounds silly, but I feared he was mad. I told him to go away, but he was still there this morning and I have begun to fear for myself, my lord. I'm afraid I told Cu to hold him down so that I could run here without fear of pursuit."

She took a deep breath and let it out. "I would not have bothered you, my lord, but I don't think he will listen to anyone else, and I fear what he may do if left to continue on this course. Please forgive me, but I didn't know what else to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment