Lys: Two Worlds

|
Aithne wanted to know what happened, wanted to know how the boy fared, wanted to know so many things, but there was a fierce look in his eyes, and she thought now would be a bad choice of time.

She set the eggs on the table and proceded to transfer them to a bowl, all the while feeling the boy's eyes drilling her. As she did so, things became clear. It should be done, even if it frightened her. Lord Ambrosius saw no harm in the boy, and she was to accept him. To do that, the breach must be mended.

With a deep breath, she turned and went to his side. Then sitting by the stool, looked him directly in the eyes. "I'm sorry I set Cu on you this morning. I did not understand- you frightened me, and all I wanted to do was get away where I could be safe. He didn't hurt you, did he?" She casually looked him over, and could discern no true wounds, but she did not know for sure.

"It is like I told you earlier. The world outside this valley is very different. There, even boys can be dangerous and cruel. And there was one particularly cruel one that liked to follow the Guttersnipe and I around. I thought, when you wouldn't leave me alone, that you might be like him. I am sorry."

No comments:

Post a Comment