Lys: A Shift Of Perspective

|
She looked at him. Looked and listened. And it made sense. She did not even mind being called "girl", because at that moment she was certainly the younger of the two. She had the assurance she needed, though not the guidance she wished for. She had been mildly chastened and her perspective had been shifted during the conversation. Somehow Druce had gotten through where others failed. She had no idea how he did it. He certainly held no love for her or her troubles. But it made sense now, and she was able to accept it with some stability.

Slowly, she stood and nodded. "You're right. I'm sorry... I shouldn't..." She sighed a bit. "Thank you. I think... I think I will be able to bear the wait now."

She almost turned to go, but instead came up to him and, going up on her tiptoes, gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "Thank you."

Then she turned and started off towards the orchard once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She reached it a few moments later. The Guttersnipe had not gotten far, and she looked rather downcast. Aithne sat down next to her, drawing up her knees and looking out at the apple-laden trees around them. She was quiet a moment before speaking. "Druce tells me I misunderstood you. I suppose I did- your words didn't sound like you. But I was worried and I took them at face value.

"I learned something out there..." She picked at her dress. "I'm not as brave as I thought. But I see things a little more clearly now, and I think I'll be okay. I think we'll be okay."

Think about such things...
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee."


She exhaled. "I think we'll be okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment