Lys: Adrift

|
The bard was beautiful. Taller than Aithne, but she thinks near to her age. She doubts the woman thinks the same. Her entire life people had thought her at least five, sometimes ten years younger than she actually was.

Like a little sparrow off to her nest, the girl ran off to who-knows-where, leaving her alone with the bard-woman. I could have been she... she muses fleetingly. Daughter of a bard- she could've become a bard herself.

Could have beens. They had no place in life. She shrugged out of them and bowed her head respectfully, not speaking. This woman would have great influence on Vortigern, and one false step could make things hard for her.

I never did learn the girl's name...

5 comments:

Jenny Freitag said...

Aithne:
http://i44.tinypic.com/n2efro.jpg

(Manipulation of stock photo by indeed_stock at DeviantArt. No copyright infringment intended)

Jenny Freitag said...

Hey, that's really good. It's...Victorian? I never was much good at pinpointing art styles.

I'm making supper at the moment. I probably won't get back to this until after we eat. But, sad-ish to say, Daddy has a headache and we won't be having Hebrews study tonight. So I'll be here.

But I love Hebrews class.

~Jenny

Jenny Freitag said...

Actually it's a photo. When I was done with it it came out looking painted, but that was unintentional. The original is called "ancient roman thoughtful 1".

I fooled around with it because the original's hair was too light.

I'm off to dinner too, so I'll see you sometime later. :-)

~Lys

Jenny Freitag said...

Well, I knew it was a photo. :P It just seemed to have that Romantic Victorian feel.

~JEnny

Jenny Freitag said...

I'm heeeeeere! Where are yoooooooou?

;-)

Post a Comment